Your privacy is extremely important to us
Speak Up Space, part of North Staffs Mind will only collect, process and store information we have openly collected from you or with your consent, in accordance with data protection laws. Your details will be held only by North Staffs Mind and will not be made available to any third party, except where otherwise stated. Please see our Data Protection Policy for more information or contact our Data Protection Officer.
Speak Up Space is an anonymous service but we take great care with your personal information. Sometimes the law means we will have to share your personal information. But this is always to protect you or other children. You can read more about this in our Confidentiality FAQs.
We use your information to help us support you in the best possible way. We will use it for things like:
- Keeping notes of our instant messaging chats.
- Referring to these notes when you contact us again, if you ask us to, to make sure we can give you the best help.
- Looking at the quality of the conversations with you for training our staff and volunteers.
- Sharing your information with other people if you ask us to or if we need to in order to keep you or someone else safe.
Whenever you talk to Speak Up Space it’s confidential. This means that we will not tell anyone outside of Speak Up Space. But sometimes we will need to tell someone. This would be if:
- you ask us to;
- we believe your life or someone else’s life is in danger;
- you’re being hurt by someone else and we are worried about your safety and well-being.
- you tell us that you’re seriously harming another person;
In these instances we will share your personal information with the emergency services in order to keep you safe.
If you send information to Speak Up Space via email, please be aware that we cannot guarantee its security during transit. Once received, email information will be stored according to data protection law.