We know that for some people Christmas can be a really hard time. We wanted to share some ways that can help you cope if you find yourself struggling over the Christmas period. Looking after your mental health is as important as ever at Christmas time.
- Take some time away from other people. Often on Christmas day it can be overwhelming for a lot of us. Take 20/30 minutes away from everybody else to recharge.
- Talking to somebody about how you are feeling can help.
- If talking to somebody feels too difficult, you could write down how you feel in a journal or in your notes app on your phone. This gives you a place to put your thoughts.
- Sleep is important for everybody’s mental health. Make sure you have enough sleep around Christmas time.
- Going for a walk outside can help to clear your mind. Doing some gentle exercise will release endorphins which will help you feel better.
- Watch your favourite film, facetime your friends, do something creative.
- It’s ok if you need to do nothing at all, it’s important to look after yourself in the way you need to.
- Remember we are here to talk about anything that is important to you.
Follow our instagram page to have daily self help tips, click here